Monday, September 1, 2008

The start of this week.

Tomorrow I head off to northern Spain. I have to say I´m pretty excited. When I write about it I really will try to be more concise.
Today I had my first class session for religion. I really really like the first half hour and even understood most of it. After that I started to think about how uncomfortable my seat was and how to explain a game in Spanish that we were going to play later. I didn´t understand much when I was doing that.
After class was family home evening (since we don´t really have families here we are assigned to groups). Martin volunteered us to be "mom and dad" but since he isn´t here I get to be a single mom. I´m good at deligation though. Planing was as easy as asking the responsible people to plan a lesson and song. I did plan the game, but we didn´t end up playing because the girls wanted to hear the story of how me and Mart met/got engaged. Poor Marty will never know what I said or be able to defend himself.
I´m off to pack. I have to be at the train station at 7:50 am, which is even earlier in Spain.

2 comments:

Martin Pulido said...

Hey didn't even think of how you would have to handle a lot of that FHE stuff on your own without me there. My bad! Well, I don't mind you sharing the story of how we got engaged, because they can always ask me my side of the story if they even care. They probably won't though because they are mostly girls and will trust their own sex more anyway. Alas, what can one do? I hope you enjoy your time in northern Spain! What parts are you going to hit?

Laurel Rogers said...

Hey LIndsay. You are making me "homesick". That first major trip I took away from Madrid was to the north of Spain--The Running of the Bulls in Pomplona, Bilbao, Santander, etc. That was my first exposure to squid served in its own ink and roadside bathroom stops where the bus driver pulled over, handed out two rolls of toilet paper and said "girls to the left of the bus, boys to the right"...(in Spanish of course...)
Have a great time.